- 1 Student fighting Skyview yoga pants policy
- 2 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 3 10-year-old in critical condition after a car fell on him
- 4 State game warden detained for 5 ½ hours by tribal officials outside Hays
- 5 Crow post office busy as Cobell settlement checks arrive
Cities, counties and school districts are facing a one-two punch: simultaneous drops in property tax revenue and state aid. The blows come even as demand for services is growing. This fiscal squeeze — not seen since 1980 — has resulted in painful choices for local governments large and small.