- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Former Montana governor featured in Playboy Magazine
- 3 Ugandan's long medical journey finally brings him back to Billings
- 4 Father of Riverside student who killed herself questions whether bullying played a role
- 5 New easement program would allow Yellowstone River to roam
Susan Byorth Fox
The start of the 2015 Montana Legislature is more than nine months and two elections away, but the list of potential legislation is already 76 bills long.
HELENA — Top legislative leaders on Friday will interview five candidates seeking to become Montana’s next political practices commissioner.
The 2013 Montana Legislature won’t convene for another four months, but its work is piling up. Lawmakers and interim committees have already requested at least 325 bill drafts.
HELENA — The Montana Legislative Council will consider a proposal Wednesday to beef up security in the Capitol by hiring two uniformed Helena Police Department officers to work full-time during legislative sessions and patrol the Capitol complex at other times.
HELENA — An architect hired by the legislative branch has recommended that the state construct a 30,000-square-foot building on a parking lot across the street and south of the Capitol to meet future space needs of the Legislature.