- 1 Student fighting Skyview yoga pants policy
- 2 10-year-old in critical condition after a car fell on him
- 3 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 4 State game warden detained for 5 ½ hours by tribal officials outside Hays
- 5 Crow post office busy as Cobell settlement checks arrive
Thomas L. Judge
HELENA — Montana governors have twice previously made appointments to fill vacancies in the U.S. Senate.
HELENA — Hired as an $8-an-hour state budget analyst in 1973, Sen. Dave Lewis is winding down what may be an unparalleled career in Montana government.
HELENA — It's not unprecedented for some ambitious Montanans to attend college out of state, find jobs in big cities and eventually wind their way back here to run for political office.