- 1 Tribal injunction leaves hundreds of people without water near Lodge Grass
- 2 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 3 Man tries to kidnap Montana girl, flees after her dog barks
- 4 Have You Heard: Beef O'Brady's seeking new franchise owner; Starbucks open on Grand
- 5 Man, 21, charged with attempted sexual assault on girl, 7
United States National Forest
With the number and severity of wildfires increasing dramatically, it’s time to rethink management policies for our national forest system.
Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., recently introduced the National Forest Jobs and Management Act, which creates a 15-year pilot project on 3.8 percent of the 191 million acre National Forest system. On this pilot area, forest management projects would be conducted using streamlined compliance pro…
BOISE, Idaho — A federal judge has halted a 7,000-acre eastern Idaho logging project in potential lynx habitat near Yellowstone National Park after finding the U.S. Forest Service failed to follow federal laws intended to safeguard the environment.
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — The U.S. Forest Service says people headed into national forests in southern Wyoming and northern Colorado should be on the lookout for falling trees.
Forest Service wildlife officials are urging national forest visitors across Montana and northern Idaho to exercise more caution as they explore forests to reduce the chance of run-ins with bears this summer.
LARAMIE, Wyo. — The U.S. Forest Service requires cabin owners and other users of national forest lands to get permits and sign liability agreements before they plow snow from forest roads.
CHEYENNE — U.S. Rep. Cynthia Lummis has joined 15 of her House colleagues in asking the U.S. Forest Service to extend the comment period on a proposed national planning rule.