- 1 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 2 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 3 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
Gazette readers don’t often see images of a moose necropsy on the Sunday front page. But the 1A report by Gazette Outdoors editor Brett French and photographer James Woodcock calls attention to important issues of health for wildlife, livestock, humans and the Montana economy.
HELENA - Rainbow trout are rebounding in the Madison River, the world-class fishing stream where Montana's first known outbreak of whirling disease occurred about 15 years ago, devastating the rainbow fishery.