- 1 10-year-old in critical condition after a car fell on him
- 2 Student fighting Skyview yoga pants policy
- 3 State game warden detained for 5 ½ hours by tribal officials outside Hays
- 4 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 5 Crow post office busy as Cobell settlement checks arrive
Gazette readers don’t often see images of a moose necropsy on the Sunday front page. But the 1A report by Gazette Outdoors editor Brett French and photographer James Woodcock calls attention to important issues of health for wildlife, livestock, humans and the Montana economy.
HELENA - Rainbow trout are rebounding in the Madison River, the world-class fishing stream where Montana's first known outbreak of whirling disease occurred about 15 years ago, devastating the rainbow fishery.