- 1 Ekalaka: A home where dinosaurs roamed, and the coffee game they do play
- 2 Prosecutors: Man who raped 23-month-old also molested 6-year-old
- 3 Delta flight bound for Paris makes emergency stop in Billings
- 4 Kaarma guilty of German student's homicide; parents will address court Thursday
- 5 Woman dies in crash near Pryor on Sunday
CODY, Wyo. — Saying they have the backing of most area residents, Park County commissioners voted 4-1 this week to not recommend to the Bureau of Land Management any special or unique landscapes for wilderness protection.
The Bighorn Basin encompasses roughly 5 million acres. Some are proposing to protect around 530,000 acres, or 11 percent of the basin, from development.
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — In a letter sent Monday, Gov. Matt Mead asked Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to rescind plans to make millions of undeveloped acres of land once again eligible for federal wilderness protection.