- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 3 Family remembers Tayler Kittleson at this year's hill climb
- 4 Taco Treat adding Heights, West End locations
- 5 New West End park will provide stormwater solution, flooding prevention
Earlier in spring practice, Montana offensive line coach Scott Gragg had some very high praise for returning left tackle John Schmaing, telling GoGriz.com:
MISSOULA — When it comes to sports, there are natural talents, and there are anomalies — those players whose progression simply seems unfair and therefore befuddles the everyday athlete.
At the end of last season, a turbulent year that saw the Grizzlies lose quarterback Jordan Johnson to off-the-field questions, finish below .500 for the first time since 1985 and miss the playoffs for the second time in the past three seasons, coach Mick Delaney made an ominous statement:
Scott Gragg was one of the best players to wear a Montana Grizzlies uniform -- certainly in the last 20 years, if not of all-time.
MISSOULA — He mesmerized University of Montana football fans with his dazzling playoff performance against Northern Iowa on Dec. 9, 2011.
The buildup to the Cat-Griz game, in many ways, is more fun than the game itself. There’s always plenty of hype -- not to mention bitterness and bad feelings between the two fan bases.