- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 3 Family remembers Tayler Kittleson at this year's hill climb
- 4 Taco Treat adding Heights, West End locations
- 5 New West End park will provide stormwater solution, flooding prevention
Search / Found (5)
Twin tidal waves are coming.
I urge opposition to SB520 which is being debated in the State House this week. It proposes raising the top state tax rate to 7 percent for taxable incomes over $16,000 and 7.8 percent over $24,000. It also proposes eliminating a 1 percent capital gains credit scheduled for 2007.
Several times in the past months, letters in the editorial pages of Montana newspapers have claimed that Montana has reduced taxes on large corporations by $478 million in the last seven years. This claim is usually made to explain the state's current budget shortfall.
Economic development and job creation are top priorities for the Martz administration. A competitive business environment, including tax rates, is critical to creating, retaining and recruiting responsible businesses that provide good paying jobs.
Were No. 1! If youre talking about the University of Montanas 2001 national champion football team, thats good. But if youre thinking about the fact that Montanas top marginal income tax rates of 9 percent to 11 percent are the highest compared to other states in the region, being top-…