JOHN AND MEG: Here's a little ditty 'bout John and Meg.

Singer John Mellencamp and actress Meg Ryan are getting married.

The 56-year-old announced her engagement to the 67-year-old musician on Instagram . "ENGAGED!" is what she wrote. The post included a drawing of what appears to be the two holding hands. He's also holding a guitar.

They've been dating on and off since 2010.

Ryan was previously married to actor Dennis Quaid, while Mellencamp has been married three times.

No date was announced.

FINAL WALK: An emotional Adriana Lima bowed her head in thanks and crossed her hands over her heart as she made her 18th and final runway walk in the annual holiday Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, her long white feather angel wings gently blowing as the crowd cheered.

A tribute video played Thursday during taping of the extravaganza, declaring Lima "the greatest angel of all time" while Fatboy Slim's "Praise You" played.

The show will be broadcast Dec. 2 on ABC and in 190 countries around the world.

RACIAL SLUR: Actor Viggo Mortensen has apologized for using a racial slur during a panel discussion about his new film "Green Book."

Mortensen, who is white, appeared Wednesday at the event with his co-star, Mahershala Ali, and director Peter Farrelly.

Mortensen told The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday he was making the point that many people casually used the slur in 1962, when the movie takes place. He says he had "no right to even imagine the hurt that is caused by hearing the word in any context." He says he intended to "speak strongly against racism" and is sorry he used the word.

In "Green Book," Mortensen's character is hired to drive an African-American pianist on a concert tour in the South.

The movie is due in theaters later this month.

CLAIMS DAMAGE: Australian actor Geoffrey Rush, who is claiming millions of dollars in defamation damages over a newspaper report he behaved inappropriately toward a female co-star, might never work again, his lawyer told a court Friday.

Wrapping up Rush's case against Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper and journalist Jonathan Moran, lawyer Bruce McClintock said "there is a significant risk that Mr. Rush will not work again."

In submissions for damages at the end of the 3-week hearing in Sydney's Federal Court, McClintock said the Oscar-winning actor's phone may not ring with job offers and he may never be able to regain his confidence and desire to work.

The high-profile non-jury trial ended on Friday.

Rush sued the Daily Telegraph's publisher, Nationwide News, and Moran over two articles and a newspaper poster published in 2017.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Copy Desk at The Billings Gazette.