Details for Customer Service Specialist
Location: Scobey, MT
Closing Date: Open Until Closed
Interviews customers, prepares orders for new services and changes. Interacts with the subscriber/customer to achieve positive subscriber/customer relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Talk with customers by phone or in person and receive orders for new installation, activation, discontinuance or change in services.
- Answer customer inquiries as to type and availability of services offered.
- Receive customer complaints, comments or information and asks detailed questions to determine exact nature of Assess the information received and determine the proper action to be taken.
- Complete contract forms, determine charges for requested services, collect deposits, and prepare change of address records.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services and related products.
- Answers incoming calls on a multi-line computer based telecommunications systems.
- Assesses the caller's inquiries and requests, then transfers the call accordingly.
- Provides clerical backup as required.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, which may include receiving and delivery.
- Files and scans customer correspondence.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of records; complies and adheres to Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations. May be required to be on call evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services can be learned on the job.
- Knowledge of terminology and functions of telecommunications services helpful.
- Able to operate a personal computer and related software.
- Able to communicate effectively and pleasantly with customers to explain and interpret problems customers may have with service, billing, etc.
- Able to operate various office equipment, such as copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone system.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
- Able to enhance customer relations with a pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
- Able to work with a variety of personalities to project favorable image.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under pressure, and pay close attention to details and schedules.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Able to learn terminology and functions of the telecommunications industry.
- Able to exhibit professional appearance and dress.
- Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to motivate oneself and maintain close rapport with all staff to keep up-to-date on system activities.
- Able to assist in keeping management informed of the concerns and opinions of subscribers and community members.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Company's insurance policy.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company records.
- Able to work with regular supervision, following general guidelines.
- Able to travel for educational and training purposes.
- Able to work in a team environment and interface with other departments in a positive/productive manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.