Details for President
Miles Community College - President
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Miles Community College (MCC). Miles Community College is located in Miles City, Montana
The president will provide leadership and strategic direction for MCC; oversee its critical policy and advocacy efforts; and be responsible for creating vision for successful day-to-day operations, including operating policy, enrollment and development of external funding, and coordination of organizational activities, media, government and business relations. Reporting to, and working collaboratively with, members of the Board of Trustees and the Foundation Board, the president will ensure that Miles Community College continues to be fiscally sound and that its strategies and programs meet the diverse needs and interests of its students, faculty, staff, administrators and community as well as a leader in community colleges in Montana. It is critically important that the president speak enthusiastically and persuasively to internal and external audiences about matters of concern to adult learners; inform audiences of Miles Community College success in blended learning and hybrid course offerings, strengths of the engaged faculty, our robust platform for online delivery of curriculum; and promote the college's reputation locally, regionally and nationally.
Additional information about the Presidential Search can be found at www.milescc.edu/PresidentSearch.
Qualifications & Expectations
• Master's Degree required; PhD or EdD preferred; as well as proven leadership ability in education or a related field is highly desirable.
• Established excellence in senior-level managerial and strategic planning with fiscal expertise, preferably in a higher education institution.
• Demonstrated success in expanding funding from federal and state resources, foundations and corporations as well as individuals.
• Proven aptitude to communicate effectively to all audiences.
• Appreciation for western heritage, a rural region and the lifestyle commensurate with this culture.
• Ability to live-in and contribute to the community of Miles City and Custer County.
Candidates should submit:
• Letter of application (4 pages or less) that succinctly addresses how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to serve as president of Miles Community College
• A Vision statement outlining the future of Miles Community College under the candidate's leadership (2 pages or less)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Reference list with the names, addresses, home and business telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least five professional references.
Please submit all application materials to Kylene Phipps, Dean of Administrative Services and Human Resources, Miles Community College, 2715 Dickinson Street, Miles City MT 59301 or you may e-mail your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first review of applicants will begin on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The posting will remain open and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The interim president is not eligible for the permanent position and is serving solely in an interim capacity while this national search is being conducted.
Miles Community College is an equal opportunity employer.