Because of their natural beauty and unique organic composition, granite counters are quite popular in high-end kitchens. But they do require some maintenance. Follow these tips to keep your granite counters looking brand new.
• To clean, use a microfiber cloth to dust off the surface.
•Wipe down the granite countertop daily, and as needed, using only water.
• Once a week wipe down with a damp cloth and a stone cleaner formulated with a neutral pH.
• Never use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners; they can scratch, pit, and etch the surface.
• For oily stains, try treating with a mixture of a cup of flour or baking soda and 5 tablespoons of dish soap. Add water to make it the consistency of sour cream or yogurt. Place the solution directly on the stain and cover with plastic wrap overnight. Wipe and rinse in the morning.
• If you have any specific care questions, be sure to contact your installer/retailer and area counter specialist.