ARLINGTON, Va. - Longtime Livingston resident, Thelma B. Orr, passed away after a short illness on March 27, 2002, in Arlington, where she had lived briefly near her daughters. She and her husband (Frosty) owned and operated the Central Motor Supply in Livingston for 30 years.
Mrs. Orr was born on April 11, 1913, in Culbertson, Mont. to Joseph and Katie Buckley. Raised on the family homestead near Sidney, she attended school in Culbertson and earned a degree from business college in Fargo, N.D. She then worked in Williston, N.D., and in Great Falls, Mont., where she met and married Forrest W. Orr on July 2, 1938. In 1948, they moved to Livingston, where they opened the Central Motor Supply, a NAPA wholesale auto parts store. They sold the store in 1975 and for one year owned and ran a gift store in Virginia City, after which, she and her husband retired.
An avid bridge player, she was a member of her beloved Ninettes bridge club for 53 years. She was also a member of the Holbrook United Methodist Church, the Golf and Country Club, and the Nile Club. She loved to read and travel. Mrs. Orr volunteered at the Livingston Library and the Manassas (VA) food bank.
Preceded in death by her hus- band in 1977, Mrs. Orr is survived by her daughters Sandra Orr and Nikki (Hal) Harrison of Falls Church; four grandchildren, Nathan (Danielle) of Knoxville, Tenn., Lee (Kristin) of Boise, Idaho, Kimberly of Falls Church, and Wesley of Bend, Ore.; and one great-granddaughter, Lauren of Boise.
A celebration of Mrs. Orr's life will be held at Holbrook United Methodist Church on April 26 at 1 p.m., followed by a gathering of friends and family. In lieu of flow- ers, contributions may be made to the Livingston Library, 228 West Callender Street, Livingston, MT 59047.