The addition of five days to the elementary-school calendar for School District 2 won't affect summer camp schedules for kids for the Billings Family YMCA or Rocky Mountain College.
Trustees voted on Monday to extend the school day because of the teacher strike, and classes will now continue through June 13, instead of ending June 6 as originally planned.
RMC College Outreach's summer camp program will begin as scheduled on June 9.
Each week of June and July, a
variety of camps will be offered
for boys and girl. To register, call
the RMC Outreach office at 657-1040 or visit the Web site at www.outreach.rocky.edu_.
RMC camps scheduled for the week of June 9 are Drawing for Fun and Creativity, Diggin' Dinosaurs, Instrumental Music and Wizard of Ahs theater camp. The summer swim program at RMC will run June 9-Aug. 14, with five sessions being offered.
The Y schedule of sports skill camps for the week of June 9 includes:
- Baseball Skills Camp for ages 9-12, 8:30-11:30 a.m. June 9-12 at Rose Park baseball fields. $35 for Y members; $45 for nonmembers.
- Basketball Skills Camp for girls ages 8-14, 8:30-11:30 a.m. June 9-12 at the Y. $49 for Y members; $59 for nonmembers.
- Skateboard and Roller Blade Camp for ages 8-14, 9-11 a.m. June 9-13 at Emmanuel Baptist Church Skate Barn, 328 S. Shiloh Road. $39 for Y members; $49 for nonmembers.
- Volleyball Skills Camp for ages 10-14, 1-4 p.m., June 9-12 at the Y. $35 for members; $45 for nonmembers.
Day camps will be offered 7 a.m.-6 p.m. June 9-13 at the Y and include:
- Adventure Camps for ages 6-8 and 9-12. $90 for Y and School's Out members; $105 for nonmembers, includes weekly trips to Skate World and Big Splash Water Slide.
- Pioneer Camp for ages 9-13. $80 for Y and School's Out members; $95 for nonmembers.
Kindercamp for ages 3-5 is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 9-13 at the Y and costs $85 for Y members and $100 for nonmembers. Special arrangements may be made for early and later pickup.
To register for Y camps, visit the Y at 402 N. 32nd Street. For information, call 248-1685.