Arson is the suspected cause of a fire at a vacant house in north Billings on Thursday morning.
The fire was reported at about 2:30 a.m. at 2110 10th Ave. N.
Billings Fire Capt. Dennis Lenz said the fire appeared to have started in the basement.
The fire extended up the walls of the home to the main floor and into the attic and caused $60,000 in damage.
An electrical malfunction with wiring in a crawl space was originally suspected of causing the fire.
"Upon further investigation, this fire has been classified as incendiary and not accidental as previously reported," said Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum.
The ongoing investigation has been handed over to the Billings Police Department.
Lenz said the fire was out by around 3:30 a.m. No one was in the home and no injuries were reported.
"We were able to stop it, but it initially looked pretty ugly," Lenz said. "It came together fairly quickly."
Neighbors said the home was for sale.