Try 1 month for 99¢

Billings firefighters quickly doused a house fire started by a faulty generator late Wednesday night.

Fire crews responded to the fire just after 11 p.m. at 808 N. 15th St. with four engines, one ladder truck, 14 firefighters, a battalion chief unit and fire chief Paul Dextras.

Crews knocked the fire down within 10 minutes, Dextras said. Firefighters continued to look for hot spots in the walls and the attic of the home.

The occupants of the home were able to get out on their own and no injuries were reported.

Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff McCullough said in a news release that a generator malfunctioned and ignited the fire, which caused major damage to the house and minor damage to the garage. Damage to the property, which is not insured, was estimated at $75,000.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Locations