Subscribe for 17¢ / day

Billings firefighters snuffed out an early-morning fire at a residence before it caused major damage or injuries.

Deputy Fire Marshal David Gilbert said the occupant of a house at 1731 St. Andrews awoke shortly after midnight Friday to the smell of smoke. The smoke was discovered coming from a wall in the kitchen, and the occupant called 911.

Firefighters contained the blaze to the wall and later determined that electric wiring in the wall for more than 30 years had caused the blaze. No damage estimate was available, but the house is covered by insurance, Gilbert said.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0