Subscribe for 17¢ / day

A house fire started by candles late Wednesday caused an estimated $70,000 in loss and damages and killed two family pets, Laurel Fire Marshal Jason Shovar said.

The fire at 8930 Lynne Ave. was reported by the homeowner shortly before 11 p.m. The man, his children and a dog escaped unharmed, but two cats were trapped inside the modular home and killed, Shovar said.

The fire started at the home east of Laurel when the man left several candles unattended in a bathroom, Shovar said. The home is insured.

0
0
0
0
0