Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Fire destroys portable shed

Fire destroys portable shed

An afternoon fire Saturday destroyed a portable shed in the backyard of a house at 1111 Ave. E.

Billings firefighters were dispatched to the fire just after 1:30 p.m. and found the 10-by-12-foot shed ablaze, said Capt. Les Solheim. No one was inside the shed, Solheim said, but the structure contained ammunition, gun powder and a propane tank, as well as hunting equipment.

The firefighters heard ammunition popping noises inside the shed when they arrived, he said. Firefighters quickly doused the flames, and no other structures were threatened.

Solheim said the home's occupants had been smoking meat in the shed and dumped the ash residue into a bucket, which later reignited. Solheim estimated the shed at $3,000 but didn't know the value of the shed's contents.

0
0
0
0
0

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News