Firefighters from Shepherd and Worden fought a house fire at 4344 Highway 312 on Tuesday morning.
Shepherd Fire Chief Phil Ehlers said the home is a total loss. The fire possibly started from an electrical shortage in the attic.
Ehlers said the attic space of the home was engulfed in flames when crews arrived between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m.
"The problem is it's several remodels on top of each other," Ehlers said. "We had difficulty getting access without putting someone at risk."
No injuries were reported. The one-story home was not occupied and was being used for storage, Ehlers said.