Subscribe for 17¢ / day

A deliberately set fire that could have destroyed a garage and its contents on Custer Avenue early this morning was doused quickly by the Billings Fire Department.

Assistant Fire Marshal Ted Warren said a man who saw smoke coming from the garage at 710 Custer Ave. called 911 at 5:46 this morning. When the first fire crew arrived a few minutes later, firefighters found a box springs for a double bed smoldering in a garage packed with stored goods and furniture.

Warren said the fire was put out with about 10 gallons of water. Damage was estimated at only $30.

Investigation was turned over to the Billings Police Department.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0