{{featured_button_text}}
Firefighters check out an Avenue C home

The Billings Fire Department responded Wednesday night to reports of a fire in an Avenue C home. 

The Billings Fire Department is investigating a fire that burned inside a house Wednesday night on Avenue C. 

Neighbors reported the fire on the 100 block of Avenue C shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday night, according to BFD Battalion Chief Ed Regele.

Firefighters arrived to find the main floor of the house "fully charged" with smoke but not on fire. There were clear signs of smoke damage and parts of the house remained hot from whatever had burned, Regele said. 

Regele said one possibility is that a lack of ventilation deprived the fire of oxygen needed for growth. 

Keep reading for FREE!
Enjoy more articles by signing up or logging in. No credit card required.

It wasn't immediately clear what part of the house the fire had been located in, Regele said.

It's unclear if the house is currently occupied, Regele said, adding that he had received conflicting reports about whether people may have recently moved in or out. 

Regele said he hoped to have more information after speaking with the property owner. 

Multiple fire engines set up in the street and the Billings Police Department partially blocked off access to the area between First Street West and Second Street West while firefighters inspected the house and attempted to air out the smoke. 

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
2
3
0