The Heights Senior Meal Site in the basement of St. Bernard's Church will have a special Father's Day celebration during lunchtime on Friday, June 16.
The men at the meal site will be honored, and a special sundae bar for fathers will be served after the meal. Entertainment and prizes are part of the festivities, too. The event is at noon at the meal site at the church at 226 Wicks Lane.
Reservations are requested by Tuesday, June 13, by calling 259-9666.
Call the same number at least 24 hours in advance to RSVP if you'd like to take part in other noon lunches at the meal site. Here's the menu for the week of June 12-16:
- Monday: Shepherd's pie, vegetable, pickled beet salad, fruit, cookie.
- Tuesday: Tuna-noodle casserole, coleslaw, cherries, brownie.
- Wednesday: Quiche, hash browns, tomato wedges, muffin, fresh fruit.
- Thursday: Hoagie sandwich, vegetable salad, macaroni salad, fruit salad, Jell-o, carrot cake.
- Friday: Pork chop with gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli, roll, copa de fruitus, cookie.