This house at 134 Clark Ave. was home to architect J.G. Link at the time of this 1914 photo. The house is still standing, with the front porch now enclosed.
John Gustave Link was a partner in Link & Haire, a well-known architecture firm responsible for buildings including the Rosebud County Courthouse in Forsyth, the Algeria Shrine Temple in Helena (now the Helena Civic Center), St. Leo's Catholic Church in Lewistown, Cell Block No. 1 at the old Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge and Masonic temples in both downtown Billings and downtown Missoula. Under other names, the firm designed portions of the Montana State Capitol Building, the Butte Civic Center and county courthouses in Custer, McCone and Dawson counties. Closer to home, the firm designed the Parmly Billings Library (now the Western Heritage Center), Billings' current City Hall, St. Patrick's Co-Cathedral, the Hart-Albin Building, the Montana Power Building and the former Greyhound Depot (now the Pub Station), among other historic Billings buildings.