The 20th Anniversary World Tour of Riverdance come to the Rimrock Auto Arena in Billings April 1, 2018, at 5 p.m.
Tickets for the international Irish dance phenomenon go on sale Friday, Dec. 1, at 10 a.m.
The tour will feature new costumes, new lighting, new projections and the addition of a brand new number, “Anna Livia,” featuring the female members of the Irish dance troupe in an a cappella hard-shoe number.
Riverdance is an innovative and exciting blend of dance, music and song. Drawing on Irish traditions, the combined talents of the performers propel Irish dancing and music into the present day, capturing the imagination of audiences across all ages and cultures.
You have free articles remaining.
Riverdance began its journey as the interval act in the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest. This electrifying and innovative seven-minute dance piece was then developed into a full-length stage show.
Here are some facts about 20 years of Riverdance:
- Played 11,500 performances.
- Seen live by more than 25 million people in over 515 venues worldwide.
- Played throughout 47 countries across 6 continents.
- Traveled 750,000 miles (or 30 times around the world).
- Played to a global television audience of 300 billion.
- Sold more than 3 million copies of the Grammy Award-winning CD.
- Riverdance holds the Guinness World Record for the ‘Longest Riverdance Line,’ which featured 1,693 participants.
- Since the Riverdance Summer School began in 2015 over 500 Irish dancers from 15 countries worldwide have attended the school and learned the iconic Riverdance steps.