Parents: Kristin and Jason Barrie
Middle School: Trinity Lutheran School
Elementary School: Trinity Lutheran School
• Future Plans: I plan to attend Covenant College in Lookout Mountain, Georgia where I will be a member of their Maclellan Scholars Program (Honors College). I hope to study Business, with a focus in Marketing, while minoring in Music. After college, I want to do volunteer work around the world!
• Most challenging or Rewarding Class: My junior year English class, Mr. Edward’s Honors American Literature, was definitely the most challenging yet rewarding class I have taken. Mr. Edward’s rigorous literary curriculum and discussion-based class not only pushed me academically, but forced me to think, get out of my comfort zone and confront difficult social issues.
• Motivation for Platinum Program: The Platinum Program’s academic intensity and community service focus made it extremely attractive to me. I like knowing that I am pushing myself academically as hard as I possibly can, and this combined with the service project component made me want to participate in the program.
• Platinum Program Project: My platinum project was a small-scale mission of music therapy in the Billings community. This included assistant directing a children’s choir, teaching private music lessons, and playing piano at one of the hospitals, evaluating the impact of music on various audience sizes.
• Teacher: Mr. Green, my high school choir teacher, has made a significant impact on my education thus far. Aside from teaching his students critical skills in musical theory and the science of singing, Mr. Green teaches us that there is nothing more valuable than working with others to create beautiful, impactful sound, and I’ll never forget this.
• Extracurricular Activities: Cross Country, Track and Field, Choir, Drama, Key Club, Yearbook, National Honor Society, Business Professionals of America, Private Piano, Student Mentoring.