Try 1 month for $5

Billings residents woke up to about 4 inches of snow on the ground on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Weather service meteorologists were getting initial reports of snowfall from around the region. Red Lodge had 6 inches and Livingston received between 6 and 8 inches.

Areas farther east were getting their first snowfall. Glendive reported having between 1 and 2 inches with snow continuing to fall, and Circle reported having half an inch.

The weather service said the snow is expected to continue in Billings through Tuesday morning, turning to mostly rain by the afternoon as temperatures rise to 39 degrees.

Two inches of new snow are expected.

A winter weather advisory was issued Tuesday morning by the weather service, saying the most significant snow accumulations will be in the foothills and mountains west of Billings.

Reduced visibility and slushy roads are expected to make driving conditions difficult.

There is a 30 percent chance of snow in Billings on Tuesday night, leading into a mostly sunny Wednesday with temperatures expected to reach 49 degrees.

Wednesday provides a short break in what is predicted to be a wet week with a 40 percent chance of rain on Thursday and 60 percent chance of rain Friday.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

 

 

0
0
0
0
0