Subscribe for 17¢ / day

A burning candle was determined to be the cause of a Tuesday night fire on the South Side.

The fire at 307 South Billings Blvd., No. 28, at around 8:30 p.m. caused $50,000 in damage.

A news release from Deputy Fire Marshal Matt Schieno said the fire was confined to a bedroom on the north side of the home, causing severe fire damage to the bedroom and moderate smoke and heat damage to the rest of the structure.

The residents were home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. The home is insured, the release said.

The fire was determined to be accidental, caused by an unattended candle.

 

 

0
0
0
0
0

Locations