Subscribe for 17¢ / day
092217-loc-grandfire.jpg

A stove fire in a house at 742 1/2 Grand Ave., caused a backup of traffic on the busy street early Thursday morning. 

Traffic was briefly backed up along Grand Avenue during the busy commute Thursday morning as firefighters extinguished a fire apparently caused by an unattended stove.

No one was inside the building at 742 1/2 Grand Ave. when the stove caught fire, said Billings Fire Battalion Chief Tim Stavness. The occupant called 911 after returning home and seeing smoke coming from the building, he said.

Billings Police redirected eastbound traffic down Eighth Street West as three fire engines and AMR staged outside the building, which houses an Ameriprise Financial Services office.

The fire was confined to the area immediately around the stove, Stavness said.

0
2
0
4
0

Locations

Morning Reporter

General assignment reporter for the Billings Gazette.