The public is invited to enjoy an evening of food and wine created by women, and engage in women-led conversations on specific topics inspired by the #HearMeTooMontana movement. The event will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 28, at Hilands Golf Club.
According to a press release from the Zonta Club, participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific areas challenging the rights and safety of women and children by joining one of the 11 table topics facilitated by expert hosts leading the conversations.
Hosts and topics include:
- Dr. Sue Balter-Reitz: Communicating the Experience of Survivors of Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence
- Stephanie Baucus: 21st Century Slavery in Montana
- Reno Charette: How to Make Human Trafficking a Household Word
- Kelly Christy: Voice of the Survivor
- Sherri Cornett: Framing the #HearMeToo Narrative: Community Engaged Art
- Brittany Hommer: Pornography in a Digital Age
- Juli Pierce: Utilizing the Legal Process in the #MeToo Environment
- Kassie Runsabove: How Inherent Bias Affects the #HearMeToo Movement
- Chrysti M. Smith: LGBTQ: Old Words in a New World
- Rian St. Pierre: Indigenous Women Finding Their Voice with #MeToo Movement
- Erika Willis: Homeless Youth
Dinner will be prepared by Chefs Megan Jessee of Sage Lodge, Christine Burley of Caramel Cookie Waffles, and Wendi Reed of Wildflower Kitchen; appetizers by Sheila Poklemba; and dessert by Nancy Waldron of Sidewalk Chives. Wines are from Margaret Foley of Petrichor Vineyards and Margo Van Staaveren of Chateau St. Jean from Briggs Distributing. The event is sponsored by TopZ Sandwich Co.
Proceeds from the evening will help support Zonta's many local and international projects, and the organization’s mission to empower women through education, eradicating violence against women, ending human trafficking, preventing child marriage, and assisting other nonprofits, such as YWCA, Tumbleweed, Passages, Friendship House, Montana State University Billings and Rocky Mountain College.
Cost is $75. For tickets and more information, go to eventbrite.com and search Zonta #HearMeTooMontana ConverZations, or call 255-7287 for more information.