Subscribe for 17¢ / day

One year later, Obamacare is more unpopular then ever. Look at any poll. A year ago Newsweek showed 40 percent of Americans supporting Obamacare and 49 percent opposing it. Today, only 37 percent support it while 56 percent oppose it. The Kaiser Family Foundation polled after Obamacare passed, and 62 percent of Americans thought the law would either have no effect on them or make them worse off. Today that number is up to 69 percent.

One of the problems is you don't see The Billings Gazette reporting this on the front page of their paper.

The egos and arrogance of Sens. Baucus and Tester prevents them for voting with the will of the majority of Montanans. They think we are stupid and don't know any better and that they will take care of us. In the 18 months prior to the law passing, neither senator held an open town hall meeting anywhere in Montana. Instead they hold private, invitation only meetings with local leaders of business and medical groups and people who mostly agree with their ideas.

We now know according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, that Obamacare will add more then $310 billion in health care spending, 14 million Americans will lose their current coverage if Obamacare isn't repealed, and most middle class Americans will see a tax increase because of Obamacare.

Obamacare must be repealed and replaced with a bill that would help the 15 percent of Americans who need it and not mess with the other 85 percent who are satisfied with what they have.

David Schmit

Billings

0
0
0
0
0