Try 1 month for $5
Riverside house fire

The Billings Fire Department battled a fire that appeared to have done extensive damage to the home at 210 Riverside Road at 4 a.m. Saturday.

A fire in a South Side residence early Saturday morning started after a fireplace ignited "nearby combustibles," according to a press release from the Billings Fire Department. 

The accidental fire on the 200 block of Riverside Road was reported at about 3:40 a.m., and the home was occupied at the time. 

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire. Firefighters knocked down the "room and contents fire" quickly, said Battalion Chief Darrek Mitchell.

The property was uninsured at the time of the fire and is estimated to have caused $25,000 in damage in the form of moderate fire and smoke damage, according to a press release issued Saturday morning by Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender. 

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
1
5
0