{{featured_button_text}}

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Officials say a firework rocket launched during a show for the Pyrotechnics Guild International convention landed in a Wyoming home and sparked a small fire.

The Gillette News Record reports the rocket broke through the roof of the Gillette home about 2 miles from the event center where the fireworks display was taking place Sunday.

The Campbell County Fire Department says the flames were extinguished before firefighters got to the house. No one was injured.

Guild representative Tom Sklebar says the organization will pay for the damages.

He says a rocket "took an errant trajectory" after it was launched.

The fireworks convention started August 10 and runs through Friday. It features fireworks shows on four nights.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
3