In certain buildings of the University of Montana campus in Missoula, one may spot an oddity: the seal of the university, emblazoned with the name of the school's rival, Montana State University. The University of Montana was established by the state legislature in 1893, after the city of Missoula entered an agreement with Helena to drop out of the running for possible locations for a permanent state capital. The name was changed to the State University of Montana in 1913, then to Montana State University in 1935. That now-confusing name, the same as the current name of the school's rival in Bozeman, remained in use until 1965, when the University of Montana name was reinstated. The Montana State University name is still visible in areas of campus, such as the floor inside the lobby of the Craig Hall dormitory, built in 1952.