Subscribe for 17¢ / day
Butte McDonald's on fire
McDonald's on Harrison Avenue in Butte burns Tuesday afternoon.

BUTTE - Butte-Silver Bow fire officials say an electrical problem with a freezer appears to be the cause of a fire that destroyed the McDonald's restaurant in Butte.

Fire Marshal John Lasky said that the fire traveled from the freezer to the space between the ceiling and the roof and then spread the length of the building. The roof eventually collapsed Tuesday night

Lasky says the restaurant is a total loss, with damages estimated at $2 million. The fire started at about 4 p.m. Tuesday. No injuries were reported.

0
0
0
0
0

Locations