Subscribe for 17¢ / day

BOZEMAN - A Montana State University official says an eight-story laboratory building has reopened following an asbestos scare.

Spokesman Tracy Ellig tells the Bozeman Daily Chronicle that Leon Johnson Hall opened Saturday after tests found no asbestos. Asbestos can cause fatal lung diseases if inhaled.

Officials quickly closed the building on Thursday when it was discovered workers were removing ceiling tiles for three weeks without proper precautions to prevent the possible release of asbestos dust.

That prevented some 2,000 students from getting to classrooms and lecture halls on Friday.

The school says the building will be open for classes on Monday.

The building was shut down after a Montana State worker was seen throwing away damaged ceiling tiles that were made with asbestos.

 

0
0
0
0
0