Subscribe for 17¢ / day
Harrison house explosion

A house, which stood in this Harrison neighborhood where only rubble now lies, exploded Sept. 2 injuring a young woman who was inside. 

A woman burned when her house exploded Sunday morning in Harrison remains in critical condition in a Utah burn center, a spokeswoman said Monday afternoon.

Laura Lee Sheehan, 34, was airlifted to the University of Utah Health Care Burn Center in Salt Lake City after a propane-fueled blast leveled the home — with her in it. Neighbors pulled her from the rubble.

The hospital would not release details of Sheehan’s condition. But spokeswoman Kathy Wilets told The Montana Standard on Monday that critical condition means the patient’s “vital signs are unstable, the patient may be unconscious and conditions are unfavorable.” She declined to say more.

Sheehan works at a veterinary clinic in Belgrade and part-time as a bartender for the Pony Bar.

Kay Von Bergen, also a bartender there, described Sheehan as “awesome.’’ Once when Von Bergen underwent open heart surgery, Sheehan and another bartender, Cheri Waller, pooled their tips to give to Von Bergen.

Waller, a close friend of Sheehan, said: “She’s such a caregiver. I don’t think she’s ever met a stranger.’’

Waller also said the tightly knit residents in the communities around Pony and Harrison have been “just unbelievable’’ with their care and concern for Sheehan.

Sheehan and Waller met several years ago, becoming fast friends.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

“I just don’t know what I ever did without her. We’ve been pretty much inseparable since then.

A donation effort has been launched by friends and family of Sheehan.

Also, according to Caringbridge.org, people may also make donations in jars at Boxer’s Club 30 in Belgrade and at the Pony Bar. A bank account is expected to be set up on Tuesday.

Von Bergen said Monday that about $1,500 was donated to the jar by patrons and friends on Sunday night.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0