Try 1 month for $5

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Cheyenne fire crews put out a fire in a room at the recently condemned Hitching Post Inn.

The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports Cheyenne Fire and Rescue spokesman Scott Smith says firefighters received a call at 7:45 a.m. Monday from maintenance workers about a fire in the inner portion of the Hitching Post.

Smith says the fire, which appeared to have started in a lower apartment and spread to the top floor in the hallway, was under control by 7:56 a.m.

Smith says there was no one in the building when firefighters and first-responders arrived.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

The Hitching Post Inn was condemned last week, and its owner was given 30 days to demolish it before the city does it for her.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Tags