Subscribe for 17¢ / day

CHEYENNE — Cheyenne fire investigators say they haven't found a battery for the smoke detector that was in a motel room where a man died during a fire.

Forty-nine-year-old Alan R. Miller was staying at the Firebird Motel Sunday when he died of suspected smoke inhalation. Initial investigations show the man likely fell asleep with a burning cigarette.

Fire Chief Guy Cameron says he doesn't yet know if the smoke detector in the room was functional, although investigators could not find a battery for the device.

Cameron says fire inspectors have found smoke detector violations in the past at the motel, but in the most recent inspection the owner said they were all in working order.

The owner of the motel, Kun C. Yi, declined to comment to the Wyoming Tribune Eagle.

0
0
0
0
0