On Christmas Day, The Billings Gazette, will publish letters of thanks from arts, cultural and helping organizations in Montana and Wyoming.
The Gazette welcomes letters acknowledging the support given this year, but there won't be space to list volunteers, donors and sponsors individually. Instead, please thank everyone who helped with the services, event, fundraiser, outreach, etc. Letters should remind readers about the benefits your group or agency provides and how it works to better the community.
Christmas thanks letters are subject to usual letter guidelines:
- Length can be no more than 250 words.
- The author or authors' names must be included, along with their city and a daytime phone number.
- Paste the letter into the body of an email, rather than sending it as an attachment.
- Email to email@example.com. Put "Christmas letter" in the subject line.
- Letters also may be mailed to: Pat Bellinghausen, The Billings Gazette, P.O. Box 36300, Billings MT 59107 or faxed to her at 406-657-1208. Writers may include email, web and mailing addresses or phone numbers for readers to contact for more information on the organization.
If your group will have an activity that may be photographed by The Gazette between Nov. 29 and Dec. 14, please include a note with the time, date, location and contact person so we can try to arrange a photo to accompany your letter.
If you have any questions about the Christmas letters, please contact opinion editor Pat Bellinghausen at 406-657-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters must be received by Dec. 14 to be included in this special Christmas Day Opinion section. Don't wait; write early and let Gazette readers know about the work your club, agency or organization is doing — and thank the good folks who help.