Outdoors reporter Brett French presents his five favorite stories of 2019.
These five stories written by Brett French in 2019 show the diversity of what goes on, and has gone on, in Montana over the years and how history is made by ordinary people.
Since stepping onto the Upper Missouri River Breaks landscape in 2004, buying ranches to create a wildlife preserve that now includes a herd o…
After being shot three times by Nez Perce warriors and left for dead in Yellowstone National Park in August 1877, tourist George Cowan managed…
At the age of 21, Petrina Peterson left her family’s Minnesota home to lay claim to 160 acres of land on the sparse plains of northern Montana…
5 updates to this series since
In this Series
As featured on
- Best of Jeff the Nature Guy 2019
- Billings city reporter Rob Rogers' five favorite stories of 2019
- Education reporter Matt Hoffman's favorite five stories of 2019
- General assignment reporter Mari Hall's five favorite stories from 2019
- Reduction in elk cover in proposed Little Belt logging project not a concern for FWP
- Legislators told collaboration will produce answer to Wilderness Study Area deadlock
- Dead deer being dumped around Miles City
- Long elk seasons trimmed in some Montana hunting districts